1 Butternut squash
300g Cooked rice (I use brown)
1 Tin black beans
1 Onion chopped
Handful of coriander
3 Teaspoons cumin (more to taste)
3 Teaspoons smoked paprika (more to taste)
3 Teaspoons chipotle paste (optional)
100g Walnuts (optional)
4 Tablespoons flour
1. Peel potatoes and butternut squash, drizzle with oil, sprinkle with salt and cook in the over until veg is soft.
2. Once cooked, mash the veg, add the onion, rice and flour and mix well.
3. The mixture shouldn’t be too wet, if it is, add more flour.
4. Taste the mixture and add more spices if necessary and season with salt & pepper.
5. Take a handful of the mixture and roll it into a burger patty shape. Lay the burgers on a baking tray, spaced out and freeze flat. Once the burgers are frozen, they can be put into a lunchbox and they wont stick together.
6. Cook on the BBQ or in the oven until warmed the whole way through.
These are SO tasty, I hope you give ’em a go. xx
Here are 3 more of my fave veggie burgers. Each are SO great to make in a large quantity and freeze: