This recipe uses sauerkraut which we have a how-to video for here. It’s a super way to preserve food and get that good gut fermenty goodness into your diet. Sauerkraut is delish on burgers, in sandwiches, salad, stews etc… To jazz it up a bit, here’s a recipe for our favourite way to eat sauerkraut – fried. This recipe is just as good without the sauerkraut so fear not if you don’t have any of that either. As always, let us know if you give this a go.
1. Grate the sweet potato and stir with sauerkraut.
2. Add whisked egg and all seasoning.
3. Add flour and mix. The mixture should be thick enough that you can form into patties. If it’s too wet feel free to add more flour.
4. Heat oil or butter in a pan.
5. Grab about a tablespoon worth of mixture , roll and flatten into a patty. Fry for about 5 minutes on each side on low until both sides are golden and it’s cooked through.
6. Layer up and devour (I threw a poached egg on top and it was CLASS)